Wicomico Public Library seeks an experienced Administrative Assistant to support the Library staff, Executive Director and the Library Board of Trustees.
Position requires mastery of Microsoft products, an ability to multitask and meet deadlines, problem solving skills and desire for quality customer relations. The successful candidate will have a proven record of quality work, attention to detail and a strong professional attitude. The ability to work independently, display incentive and a willingness to work as part of a team is highly desirable. Candidates must have a high school diploma or its equivalent plus post high school training in secretarial or administrative coursework and minimum three years relevant experience.
This is a full-time position with a generous benefit package including health care and retirement. Starting salary is $30,000 based on experience.
Applicants should attach a cover letter and a complete resume with three references in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications received by February 21, 2014 will receive first priority.
The Wicomico Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT Grade: 8
Date: Revised 7/31/13
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Summary: Assists the Executive Director or other assigned managers in facilitating the efficient operation of the Library; duties include high-level secretarial and administrative functions and may include conference and travel planning, scheduling, Library Board and staff meeting logistics, reception and customer service; may supervise and/or provide training to other office staff; performs other duties as assigned.
1. Performs high-level, confidential administrative support for Executive Director and/or other assigned managers;
2. PreparesLibraryBoardpackagespriortoBoardmeetings,setsupmeetingroom for Library Board meeting, records and transcribes meeting minutes;
3. Creates and maintains official Library files regarding personnel, vendors, contracts, and correspondence;
4. Purchases office supplies, refreshments, for meetings, drinks for vending machine, etc. as needed. Stocks drink machine.
5. Troubleshoots office equipment. Maintains copiers, postage, and fax machines
6. Distributes staff mail; open and date stamp mail for Director only
7. Maintains parking permits list
8. Updates policy and procedure manuals, emergency phone lists, and various
contact information as assigned or needed
9. Coordinates gathering and reporting of Library usage statistics; maintains
10.Answers phones and responds to questions or directs calls to appropriate
person; greets and directs visitors;
11.Reserves and cancels meeting rooms and prints daily meeting room schedule;
12.Explains Library policies and procedures to customers as appropriate
13.Manages the Office Supply budget
14.Coordinates staff meetings and in charge of room/refreshment set up
15.May train other office, clerical or bookkeeping staff
16.Maintains and updates information in the “About the Library” section of the
17.Collects weekly casual day donations. Routinely transfers funds to bookkeeper.
18.Responsible to know tasks of the Safety Representative, attends Risk Management Meetings
19.Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Thorough knowledge of office procedures;
2. Ability to provide excellent customer service;
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality;
4. Ability to provide guidance to other staffmembers;
5. Strong communication, organization and conflict resolution skills;
6. Strong time management and multitasking abilities;
7. Ability to use independent judgment to develop and implement ideas;
8. Ability to operate relevant computer systems including hardware and software,
such as Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, and internet navigation in addition to other office equipment.
Education and Experience:
1. Associate’s degree or two years of formal training beyond highschool required;
2. Additional course work in accounting and/or secretarial/administrative skills preferred;
3. Three to five years of related administrative experience;
4. Or equivalent combination of technical training, and related experience.
Supervisory responsibility: None
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is conducted in a normal office setting which provides comfortable lighting, temperature and air conditions. Occasional lifting, such as three to four reams of paper, four or five books, or other materials (up to 20 pounds) may be required.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.