Wicomico Public Library seeks an experienced Maintenance Supervisor.
Position requires the ability to schedule and perform routine maintenance, conduct and oversee minor building repairs, supervise subcontractors and maintain janitorial services. Position has physical demands including the need to lift and move items up to 60 pounds or more, climb ladders, and to set up and move tables and chairs.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of quality work and attention to detail, ability adjust to changing priorities and work with various contacts. Requires ability to work with minimal supervision and a desire to perform quality work completed within sometimes changing deadlines.
High school diploma or its equivalent plus 3-5 years’ experience required.
Full-time position (40 hours per week) with benefits. Regular schedule may include nights and/or weekends. Starting salary is $24,000, based on experience.
Applicants: attach a cover letter and a complete resume with three references in an email to email@example.com.
Applications received by February 21, 2014 will receive first priority.
The Wicomico Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR Grade: 5
Reports to: Director of Operations
Job Summary: Manages library’s custodial, maintenance and repair, and security functions.
1. Supervises and performs routine maintenance and repairs such as ceiling tile, ballasts and fluorescent tube replacement; performs minor repairs to equipment and furniture; patches drywall and paints as necessary
2. Oversees HVAC operation, troubleshoots, schedules maintenance and repair as necessary.
3. Schedules and oversees subcontractors for HVAC maintenance and repair, electrical, plumbing, carpet cleaning, fire extinguisher inspection, etc.
4. Works with County maintenance department to facilitate maintenance of buildings, and inspections and repairs
5. Supervises and performs daily cleaning routines at the Downtown Library such as vacuuming, dusting, emptying trash, cleaning bathrooms and floors, snow removal, exterior maintenance, etc.
6. Performs routine security checks and monitors library building and grounds, especially in absence of security guard
7. Checks meeting room schedule and oversees meeting room arrangement
8. Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of bookmobile, other library vehicles and outlets
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to read and write and keep records, extensive knowledge of and experience with custodial equipment and proper cleaning procedures, including mixing and applying cleaning chemicals, some electrical, plumbing and janitorial equipment repair knowledge.
Education and Experience:
1. Highschool diploma or equivalency;
2. Three to five years relevant experience
Specialized knowledge, licenses, etc.: None
Supervisory responsibility: One part-time custodian
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Position Based at Downtown Library. Work requires constant physical effort, including some lifting or handling of moderately heavy to heavy tools or materials of 60 pounds or more, and climbing ladders.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.