Located in the Paul S. Sarbanes Branch, the Community Support Center is focused on connecting individuals to resources in Wicomico County.
Center Hours: 9 am - 5 pm, Monday-Friday
- obtain information regarding affordable housing services, food pantries, and local shelters
- apply for job opportunities
- make connections with the American Job Search center and Maryland Workforce Exchange
- Connections with Maryland workforce exchange include opportunities to participate in reentry programs and legal resources for record expungement opportunities
The Center can:
- assist in unemployment claims, and help individuals navigate the unemployment application process
- connect individuals to drug and rehabilitation programs in the area
- connect individuals with harm-reduction services
- provide individuals with numbers for the crisis hotlines, and refer them to mental health providers in the area
- serve as a place for teens and young adults to locate job search assistance, locate GED classes, and other vocational programs in the area
Individuals can dial 211 for emergency support in many areas. They respond to mental health emergencies, substance abuse, housing emergencies, domestic violence/abuse, and food insecurity.
Community Outreach Addictions Team (C.O.A.T.)
This organization is sponsored by the Wicomico County Health Department. They specialize in harm reduction and addiction resources. They provide free Naloxone (Narcan) training for community members.
Hope and Life Outreach (Halo)
Halo runs a homeless shelter that provides beds to men, women, and children. They offer free meals daily to residents and community members facing food insecurity.
Lower Shore Workforce Alliance
This organization provides community members with job and training resources. They provide reentry education and training for previously incarcerated individuals.
This organization provides support and resources to seniors in the area. They have meal delivery programs, day programs, memory care, and other services to support the aging population in Wicomico and surrounding counties.
Recovery Resource Center
This organization provides 24/7 crisis support for drug and alcohol abuse. They also provide grief counseling, food and eating disorder support, and family crisis support.